We are recruiting for a Full Time Baker. This is a salaried position on a two weeks in and two weeks out rotation.
The Baker is responsible for developing recipes and instructions for all bakery products. The Baker oversees the production and preparation of all bakery products, sandwiches and the breakfast line based on the requirements of the day-to-day menu. The baker supervises 6-10 staff.
Further duties include (but are not limited to): menu development, training of junior staff members, assisting with cleaning duties, and ensuring that Food Safe Practices are strictly adhered to at all times.
The successful candidate must also be ready, willing and able to fulfill all reasonably related duties requested by the Chef and our client.
Please note: A Red Seal Certification or Journeyman is mandatory for this position. Please ensure to include your Red Seal, Journeyman, WHMIS, Food Safe, and any other safety certification when submitting your resume. Proof of documents will be required prior to setting an interview.
- Should have 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Pastry Chef or as a Bakery Manager.
- Ability to provide and maintain supervision over bread & pastry production for up to 400-650 people.
- Must have current certificates for Food safe, Standard First Aid, WHMIS, and WSCC Mine Supervisor Level 1, and keep them updated as needed.
- Must have experience designing, implementing and organizing bakery menus, and developing standardized recipes in industrial, hotel, and institutional formats.
- Must have a complete understanding of inventory control and cost control systems.
- Safety system and loss prevention experience an asset.
- Must be interested in conducting apprenticeships
Full-Time employees are eligible for medical benefits and RRSP matching!
We thank all applicants for submissions, however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted via phone call.
Bouwa Whee delivers great food, housekeeping and accommodation management services under some of the world’s most challenging conditions. Because we are the North – 100 percent aboriginal owned and headquartered in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories – we know what northerners want and how to deliver it. That’s why we’re the contractor of choice at Diavik, Gahcho Kué and Snap Lake, three of Canada’s premier mines
Please follow the appropriate link below to apply for this position:
For a list of all available Bouwa Whee Catering positions please click on the attached link: https://detoncho.bamboohr.com/jobs/