REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Event Assistant – YELLOWKNIFE FARMERS MARKET
Submission deadline: May 14, 2017
EVENT ASSISTANT plays an integral role in the operation of the Yellowknife Farmers Market. The position is responsible for some of the operations of the Tuesday weekly market for the 2017 season.
The Market runs weekly from 17:15pm – 19:15 PM Tuesdays at Somba k’e Civic Plaza, from June 6 – September 19, 2017
The Event Assistant must be on site for every Tuesday market, from 15:45 PM – 19:45 PM. This represents 5 hours a night for 16 weeks. The successful bidder must also provide storage rental for the summer. Storage is required for folding tables, chairs and signs.
- Arriveon site before the Market opens to the public in order to organize the Market Manager table by setting up tables, chairs, supplies and tent with flags and weights
- Stay visible and accessible to vendors, customers and Market Manager during Market operations.
- Install chalkboard signs at both entrances and update text as required.
- Install composting units with garbage cans
- Provide information to customers on Market operations or direct to Market Manager
- Be pro-active in encouraging the use of the composting/recycling units so as to reduce waste at the Market
- Throughout the duration of theMarket remove the full compost bags from the compost bins and replace the bags. Ensure the site is free of garbage
- Count the number of customers each week, usually done with another person
- Dispose of the compost bags at the end of the evening in the nearby organic dumpster
- Dispose of the recycling
- Prior to leaving the Market at the end of the Market day, ensure the area is clean
- Store Farmers Market supplies for our 16-week season
- Other duties are required by Market Manager
This is a physically demanding job and requires:
- Ability to meet the physical job requirements of the position – i.e. lift 50 pounds, handle exposure to elements, be standing or walking for long periods
- Must have access to reliable transportation, large enough to transport market supplies and store all market supplies at their residence or elsewhere.
Proposals should be brief and include the bidder’s description of the work that would be performed and the following information:
- For each element describe the level work of work to be performed.
- The person or team of people who would execute the work, with descriptions of the experiences and skills of each and his/her role in the team.
- The name of the person in your firm who would be the official contact person for any contractual relationship.
Questions: Questions on this RFP can be submitted to email@example.com. Questions will be answered within 2 business days via email with a return reply acknowledging receipt of the email.