At Crowe MacKay, we are dedicated to the on-going training and development of accounting professionals. We provide the essential elements, in the form of high-quality practical experience, peer support, and day-to-day training necessary to achieve your professional accounting designation. Our CFE students exceed national pass rates and continue to be recognized on the National Honor role. We provide top-tier training and mentorship and have been recognized as an employer of choice. With over 50 years of expertise we continue to create lasting value. Come grow with us!
We are recruiting for the following opportunities in our Yellowknife office over the fall student recruiting season.
3-4 Full-time Articling students starting in January or May 2021
Duties will include:
- Participate as part of the audit team in executing engagements for a variety of clients
- Perform tests of transactions and balances to verify audit assertions
- Complete compilation and review engagements with limited supervision
- Prepare personal and corporate tax returns
- Prepare financial statements that comply with accounting standards
- A university degree with aims to pursue a CPA designation
- Experience in audit and public accounting considered a strong asset
- Excellent working knowledge of accounting standards
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet strict deadlines
- Knowledge of CaseWare, CaseView, Taxprep and Sage/Quickbooks considered an asset
About The Team
Our Yellowknife staff provide local and remote audit, assurance, and tax services to clients across the Northwest Territories and Nunavut. They have a diverse client group including municipal, federal, and territorial governments, not-for-profit organizations, privately owned businesses. We are a dynamic firm with a commitment to creating an environment for success, both for our team and our clients. If you have an adventurous side, an entrepreneurial spirit, along with your CPA Designation – we want to hear from you.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts via email to Jennifer Arnold, Director of Operations at email@example.com
All resumes received by midnight on October 9, 2020, will be considered and only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Crowe MacKay is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.