About Tait Communications and Consulting
Tait Communications and Consulting is a full-service marketing communications and consulting firm that takes a facilitative and strategic approach to every project. We specialize in helping organizations doing business in the North to achieve their goals through a range of strategic and consulting services. Tait is located in Yellowknife, NT.
Account Director position overview
The Account Director is primarily responsible for the management of relationships with Tait’s clients. As a senior point of contact, the Account Director also co-ordinates the resources needed to service projects, build strategic and tactical plans and balance the expectations of clients with the execution of creative or design work.
The Account Director must have a full understanding of the client’s and Tait’s business objectives and goals. The Account Director will provide senior level services to clients.
– Take a lead in clients’ marketing and advertising strategies
– Liaise with clients at a senior level on a day-to-day basis
– Promote the expansion of business with existing clients
– Work with other senior managers to generate new accounts
– Ensure projects are completed on time and on budget
– Apply creativity and strategic thinking to produce excellent results on projects
The Account Director is an effective communicator who is able to advocate for the strategic direction and client needs while understanding the budget limitations and timeline requirements for delivery.
- Significant experience in professional client relationship management
- A background in advertising, design or marketing
- The ability to plan and strategize at a senior level
- A persuasive and confident approach to creative projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective team management capabilities
- A keen attention to detail and budgetary restraints
- Full awareness of creative processes and techniques
- Occasional travel is usually required for facilitation, presentations, planning and brief taking. Although your commitment will tend to be standard office hours, deadlines or the demands of a client may see you working early or late to ensure continued success.
In order to succeed in this role, there are competencies that are critical in this role:
The Account Director is expected to be the most proficient project manager in the firm, and able to take on management of any Account Services project. As such, the Account Director must maintain a solid working knowledge of every project, understand the outcomes to be achieved, the definition of quality, and be able to assess when quality has been delivered.
The Account Director establishes and maintains strong relationships with its clients, working to avoid service and relationship issues before they arise, and resolving those that do. This involves, among other things: meeting with key clients, and selectively undertaking check-in meetings with key clients, responding to client issues early and effectively, creating and maintaining a trust relationship with key client contacts and attending events (networking) with clients.
The Account Director is responsible for all activities required to achieve success in the key areas of responsibility (above), including, but not limited to the following:
- Continually grow, learn and experiment with new and innovative ways in which to solve client problems, and how to turn those solutions into innovative, dynamic results;
- Actively participate in client presentations (both up-front fact finding meetings, as well as the presentation of finished strategies and deliverables);
- Establish solid relationships with other professionals to share resources, talent, methodologies and philosophies; network with other industry professionals to keep abreast of trends and new strategic applications;
- Keep up with latest industry trends, continually learn and embrace new ideas and approaches;
- Remain connected to local marketing/communication community to tap into new approaches and talent.
The ideal candidate for this Account Director position will possess the following competencies:
- BA Degree in Communications, Marketing or Advertising or equivalent
- 7 + years of account management experience
- Past experience working on medium and large-scale marketing projects simultaneously
- Ability to persuade and sell ideas
- Solid writing skills
All CVs should be sent to:
Vice President, Managing Director
Tait Communications and Consulting Inc.
P.O. Box 1140- Yellowknife, NT X1A 2N8