Kasteel Construction and Coatings Inc. is a Northern owned and operated company located in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. Our mission is to provide the best quality construction and coatings services for the best possible value.
Due to our rapidly expanding business, we currently have an opening in Yellowknife for a full-time: Estimator
Our company is looking for an experienced Estimator to prepare estimates, budgets and work with our project managers. We are involved in many small to large scale projects involving: Residential, Commercial, Insurance and Industrial clients.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of competitive bidding and the ability to conduct comparative analysis based on sound assessment of all materials, labour and equipment needed to compile a detailed assembly of costs to ensure client satisfaction as well as company profitably.
Duties (including but not limited to):
• Source potential projects by establishing relationships with stakeholders, establish and maintain tendering processes, start to finish.
• Examine tenders thoroughly considering all aspects; reviewing blueprints, schematic drawings, proposals, specifications and other documentation to extract details.
• Prepare estimates of costs for the project, add optional pricing for elements not considered captured in the documentation received. Prepare change order costing as and when required.
• Review subcontractor quotes and verify accuracy of details for delivery, supply and install of all components. Adjust costing and scheduling if necessary, to include any additional subcontractor requirements. Assist in sourcing new products/services as required.
• Confer with parties regarding site changes, adjustments to cost estimates, facilitating change orders and/or credits.
• Evaluate projects for constructability, profitability and make recommendations, review final project budgets.
• Visit potential and project work sites, meet with project managers to clarify scope of work to determine requirements for cost estimates and proposals, ensure accurate up-to-date reports.
• Calculate and maintain margins by keeping the Schedule of Values (SOV) up to date, add change orders, review daily invoicing and staff timesheets to ensure proper coding allocations.
• Work with management on annual budgets with monthly variance reviews to lower and manage overhead costs.
• Flexibility to assist in other areas or departments within the company.
• Local applicants an asset.
• A combination of education or experience in estimating is required.
• Minimum 3 years experience in commercial and/or industrial construction environment.
• Familiarity within the northern construction industry would be a considerable asset.
• Computer proficient, strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (excel, word, outlook, etc.).
• Experience with estimating software such as Buildxact, PlanSwift, etc. is required.
• Work effectively under pressure in a busy, multi-task environment while meeting strict bid submission timelines.
• Excellent communication, problem solving and organization skills.
• Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
Job Safety is #1 - Kasteel is COR certified and we follow a comprehensive safety program to reduce risk and maximize performance.
All employees are required to complete orientations to become accustomed with the site safety culture, specific hazards and detailed safety plans. Commitment to safety compliance must be 100%. Kasteel believes in treating employees with dignity and respect, we offer a competitive wage plus a benefit plan while allowing you to grow with our company. Please forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We truly appreciate all applications and thank you for considering Kasteel Construction and Coatings.