The Conseil de developpement économique des Territoires du Nord-Ouest (CDETNO) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote, stimulate and support economic development and employability of Francophones and Francophiles in the NWT. CDETNO is an employer that promotes fairness and equality, and offers a stimulating work environment, focused on accountability of each employee and lifelong learning where balance between work and life is important.
We are looking for a competent and professional person to join our team as a LIP Coordinator. The LIPs are indirect services that bring about a new form of collaboration at the community-level related to immigrant settlement and integration.
The overall objective of the LIPs initiative is to enhance collaboration, coordination and strategic planning at the community level in order to foster more welcoming and inclusive communities that improve settlement and integration outcomes.
Duties will vary as the Coordinator provides advice, builds relations, initiates activities, monitors result and generally assures the achievements of the LIPs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Consult, guide and supervise the implementing partner organizations in developing all of the project deliverables to ensure that the project meets and exceeds the set targets;
• Facilitate monthly meetings of partners and stakeholders to stimulate development of innovative and collaborative action among stakeholders
• Initiate research on settlement priorities for the Yellowknife region and suggest intervention sectors to enhance the newcomers’ cultural and community integration that will feed into LIP strategic planning;
• Liaise with organizations hubs to develop partnerships for organized outreach and LIP committees;
• Organize and participate in Immigration oriented events;
• Coordinate research streams for further funding and work closely with the Contribution agreement holder to develop grant proposals based on strategic needs;
• Work closely with the project partners to ensure coordinated progress on all project components.
• Participate in Bi-monthly teleconference meeting with other LIPs from the Prairies and Northern Territories region.
• Complete quarterly and yearly report for IRCC
The successful applicant will fit the following profile:
• Degree in community development or non‐profit management and/or equivalent experience
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Good understanding of diversity issues and experience of working in multicultural settings
• Ability to work with volunteers and representatives of the public and private sectors
• Proven track record of working with multiple stakeholders to catalyze collaboration
• Effective interpersonal, cross-cultural, written and verbal communication and public speaking skills
Work location: Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Starting date : June 2019, full time position
Please note your interest by sending your resume and cover letter before June 23rd to :
Conseil de développement économique des TNO (CDETNO)
Phone : 867 873-5962
Email : email@example.com Web site : www.cdetno.com