Serving the people of the Northwest Territories since 1990, the Vital Abel Boarding Home is wholly owned by the Det’on Cho Management LP. Det’on Cho is the economic development organization of the Yellowknives Dene First Nation and is dedicated to creating prosperity for its members.
Under the supervision and direction of the Manager, the Receptionist is a key member of the Vital Abel Boarding Home team and is instrumental in maintaining professional services for our guests.
The Reception position is a casual – on call position on both week days and weekends, when needed due to business demands.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for:
- Welcoming new clients.
- Answering telephones and referring calls or taking messages.
- Assigning patients and/or escorts rooms.
- Communicating with Drivers on pickups, drop offs and deliveries of patients prescriptions.
- Helping to arrange travel with relevant agencies.
- Performing light housekeeping duties.
- Assisting with general administrative duties
- Knowledge of MS Office Suit and some data entry experience, an asset.
- Great Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with little supervision.
- Self-motivated and trustworthy.
- Standard First Aid w/CPR, AED
- WHMIS Certificate
- Willing to undergo a Security Clearance Background Check
This is the perfect position for someone looking for a customer service-based job. Vital Abel is a flexible and friendly work environment and houses people from all over the Territory.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
We thank all applicants for submissions, however only those shortlisted for a interview will be contacted.
In order to apply for this position, please click on the link below: