Under the supervision and direction of the Manager and/or the Kitchen Manager, the General Helper is a key member of the Vital Abel Boarding Home team and is instrumental in maintaining exceptionally clean and safe accommodations for our guests.
The General Helper's position will assist in a variety of positions within the Vital Abel Boarding Home over time. That will include the General Helper in the Kitchen, House Keeping and/or the Janitorial departments. The position is a casual position both on weekdays and weekends and/or when needed due to business demands.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for:
- Following a regular cleaning and maintenance schedules
- Wipe, sanitize windows, walls, doors, fixtures
- Thoroughly wash and sanitize the washrooms
- Vacuuming carpets and cleaning floors using the appropriate products
- Removing all used bed linens and replacing with a fresh set
- Addressing guest’s service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Assisting with general administrative duties
- Must have previous experience in the Hospitality Industry.
- Valid Food Safety Level 1 Certificate
- Standard First Aid w/CPR, AED
- WHMIS Certificate
- Willing to undergo a Security Clearance Background Check
Serving the people of the Northwest Territories since 1990, the Vital Abel Boarding Home is wholly owned by the Det’on Cho Management LP. Det’on Cho is the economic development organization of the Yellowknives Dene First Nation and is dedicated to creating prosperity for its members.
As a First Nation owned for profit business, our first mandate is to deliver returns to our shareholders. Whenever possible, our first preference for hiring shall be afforded to qualified people of First Nation’s ancestry.