At our restaurant, we pride ourselves on providing fresh food and excellent customer service. As a quickly growing company, we are looking to expand our staff with a new server position. If you have the customer service skills required to provide our high level of service requirements, apply for this appealing and beneficial serving position. We prioritize creating a caring and fun environment for our staff as well as our customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take orders from customers and ensure these are given to the appropriate person to execute.
- Maintain familiarity with the composition of all menu items.
- Serve food and beverages in accordance with laid-down standards, but above all in a professional, courteous manner.
- Clean agreed designated areas, in accordance with laid-down procedures, morning/evening routines and hygiene requirements.
- Clean and refill condiment sets.
- Set tables to laid-down standards, ensuring that all items used are clean, undamaged and in a good state of repair.
- Ensure sideboards on stations are adequately stocked with replacement cutlery, linen or other established needs, be they food or equipment.
- Prepare salads, sandwiches, cheese boards and coffee to laid-down standards, when this is an agreed duty of the establishment.
- Clean tables and ensure they are cleaned as soon as it is apparent that customers have finished their food or drink with an acceptable balance between speed, yet allowing customers to finish their meal without feeling rushed.
- Ensure that customers are correctly charged, present the bill and take payment from the customer, in accordance with the procedures of the establishment.
- At all times to be aware of and practice good customer relations, assisting the guest in any way which does not adversely affect other customers.
- Be continually aware of, and maintain, the highest standards of personal hygiene and dress.
- Attend meetings and training courses as required.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food frequently weighing up to 20 to 25 pounds.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Computer literate, including Restaurant POS systems.
- Professional appearance and manners.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Experience working in a computer network environment utilizing Microsoft Word and Excel programs.
- Must possess full ability to communicate effectively in the English language orally, electronically, and in normal business forms.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to speak and understand English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply basic math and algebraic math skills for food production applications.
REASONING ABILITY/COGNITIVE SKILLS (includes but not limited to following)
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to remember previously learned material such as specifics, criteria, techniques, principles, and procedures ; ability to grasp and interpret the meaning of material; ability to use learned material in new and concrete situations; ability to break down material into its component parts so that its organizational structure can be understood; ability to recognize casual relationships, discriminate between behavior mechanisms, and identify elements that are relevant to the validation of a judgment; ability to put parts together to form a new whole or proposed set of operations; ability to relate ideas and formulate hypotheses; ability to judge the value of material for a given purpose on the basis of consistency, logical accuracy, and comparison to standards; ability to appraise judgments involved in the selection of a course of action; ability to identify choices and potential outcomes, determine importance of outcomes, combine information to prioritize options and make decision based on best and most important choice.
- Ability to maintain a calm, composed presence in an often fast-paced environment where multiple tasks, events and stimulus may occur simultaneously.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and climb or balance.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.