Do you believe in a Canada where French – and English – speakers live together in mutual respect with an understanding and appreciation of each other’s language and culture and where linguistic duality forms an integral part of society? Join our team and be a part of creating this vision.
Canadian Parents for French is a nationwide, research-informed, volunteer organization that furthers bilingualism by promoting opportunities to learn and use French for all those who call Canada home.
Our Northwest Territories Branch is currently recruiting for the position of:
Part time Contract, 24 hours per week / One Year – Renewable
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Planning, implementing and promoting CPF activities, events and initiatives.
- Helping to inform members, parents, and educators about the various resources and opportunities available to support youth learning French as a second language in Canada through our various print and online communication platforms, at public displays and advocacy meetings.
- Providing support and information to the CPF Northwest Territories Board of Directors as required.
- Advocating for French second language programs within the province as well as liaising with stakeholder, partners (educational and community), school boards and the provincial government.
- Working to develop CPF community Chapters or Teams and support local volunteers in coordinating activities in those communities.
- Developing local content for communications including monthly newsletter, posts on website and social media channels drawing on resources available.
- Providing communications and marketing support for events and media relations.
The Coordinator will work in collaboration with the CPF National Network and receive operational direction and support from CPF Alberta staff including for financial and activity reporting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both French and English. Bilingualism is essential. Having learned French as a second language is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, French second language programs in Canada.
- Experience organizing events for youth (5-18) and parents.
- 3 years’ work experience in a communication / event or project management / marketing position.
- Relevant post secondary education or an equivalent combination of education and experience is an asset.
- Experience in the volunteer/not-for-profit sector is considered an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills, adaptable and able to work well independently and within a team; experience connecting and networking with partners.
- Motivated with a track record of taking initiative; autonomy, flexibility, and decision-making ability.
- Experience coordinating content for member newsletter and managing organizational/company social media accounts and websites.
- Strong technology skills (Microsoft Office, Publisher) and Web-based applications (WordPress, GoToMeeting, Zoom) is a requirement.
- Candidates must legally be entitled to work in Canada.
- Able to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Experience in member and volunteer driven organizations are strong assets.
- Familiarity with graphic design programs (Adobe Illustrator/InDesign) is an asset.
Starting date – Sept 1, 2021.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications ($43,000 - $50,000) annually. The selected candidate’s performance will be evaluated after the completion of a three-month probationary period.
We provide a hybrid Work From Home model where some time can be worked at home with some time in the office.
Some travel may be required throughout the territory / province or nationally upon request.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and cover letter in either French or English telling us why you think you’d be a great addition to the team at Canadian Parents for French.
Send to Michael Tryon, CPF Alberta Executive Director at email@example.com.
Please indicate “PROGRAM COORDINATOR POSITION” in the subject line.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Canadian Parents for French NWT is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Canadian Parents for French welcomes those applicants with disability related needs and those who require accommodation during the recruitment process. Please provide notice of your need for accommodation upon scheduling of an interview.