Kasteel Construction and Coatings Inc. is a Northern owned and operated company located in Yellowknife,
Northwest Territories. Our mission is to provide the best quality construction and coatings services for the best
Due to our rapidly expanding business, we have openings for the following positions: Skilled Drywall Finisher
Job summary: Kasteel is seeking a highly skilled professional taper/painter to work in Yellowknife. Are you
someone who can work in an extremely fast paced environment and requires minimal supervision? We need people
who love thinking outside the box and wowing clients with their quality of work while showcasing their skills. The
ideal candidate will be willing to travel, job sites include Yellowknife and surrounding areas as well as various mines
sites. Our team members perform many physical tasks, to do well in this role you need to be physically fit, energetic,
reliable, and be a hard worker.
Please note, Kasteel employees are required to successfully pass security and medical clearances. Therefore,
candidates must agree to our drug and alcohol policy requirements and meet background screening requirements.
• Prepare site for proper drywall finishing.
• Load and unload building materials and equipment.
• Knowledge and operations of a variety of hand and power tools.
• Operate and care for equipment and machines.
• Clean-up of equipment and job site.
• Follow construction plans and instructions from supervisors.
• Maintain a safe and organized work environment.
• Follow all Kasteel Safety policies and procedures.
• Capable of level 5 drywall finishing.
• Strong work ethic.
• Able to operate required tools and equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
• Able to work independently or as part of a team.
• Effective verbal communication and listening skills.
• Good attendance and time-management skills.
• Willing to work overtime if required or on a weekend.
• Physically fit, capable of climbing on ladders and carrying at least 80 pounds.
• Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
• Local applicants only or must be willing to relocate.
• References required.
Job Safety is #1 - Kasteel is COR certified and therefore we follow a comprehensive safety program to reduce risk
and maximize performance. All employees are required to complete orientations to become accustomed with the
site safety culture, specific hazards and detailed safety plans. Commitment to safety compliance can only be 100%.
Kasteel believes in treating employees with dignity and respect, we offer a competitive wage plus benefit plan while
allowing you to grow with our company.
If you are interested in applying, please forward your resume, cover letter (if available) and “salary expectations” to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate all applications, yet due to the number of applications, we are only able to follow-up with the best qualified candidates.