- Job Description: General Manager
- Location: Yellowknife, NWT NOC: 0631
- Hourly Wage: $ 21.63
- Annual Salary: CAD $ 45,000 - 65,000
- Weekly hours: 37.5
- Position: Permanent Full Time
- Job Title: Restaurant Manager
- Functional Title: General Manager
- Company Name: Copperhouse
- Benefits: Extended Health Benefit
● Assures daily, monthly cleaning cycles are managed by all managers and support staff.
● Assures and adheres to all standards as it relates to the health department, liquor control board, fire department and safety.
● Food and Beverage knowledge and understanding including ensuring all staff are properly trained in liquor services (ProServe)
● Provide leadership, support, direction and training to the team leaders, all back and front of the house managers, and any and all other personnel
● Ensure effective cooperation between FOH and BOH
● Familiarize and negotiate as needed with suppliers
● Interact with restaurant guests on a daily basis and follows up on all guest comments both through internal comment cards and through other social media feedback forums.
● Ensure that all company policies are current, up to standard, and maintained.
● Ensure proper training, testing of training, scheduling, support, discipline and terminate any and all salaried or hourly staff as needed.
● Staff evaluations for all BOH and FOH process including managers
● Continuously monitor and control departmental expenditures to insure the budgets are Met
● Provide top leadership for all business operations in regards to include but not limited to: restaurant operations, marketing, sanitation, training, human resource and personnel development, and others as may be desired by the Ownership team.
● Work with clients and provide exceptional service for clients seeking catering services
To be well suited for this role you will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
● Communications, written and oral
● High level of understanding foodservice and hospitality industry in both back and front of the house, full, service restaurants.
● Customer Service oriented
● Several years of experience in the food service sector
● College or Program in Hospitality and/or Food and beverage service
● Responsible beverage service certification
● Several years of experience in the hospitality and food service industry as well as experience supervising staff.
● Must have well developed verbal and written communication skills in English
● Capability to work in a second language will be considered an asset.