Kasteel Construction and Coatings Inc. is a Northern owned and operated company located in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.
Our mission is to provide the best quality service for the best value to our clients.
Due to our continually expanding business, we currently have an opening in Yellowknife for a full-time: Project Manager
Job summary: We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our team. You will oversee various projects from
estimating through to conclusion. This is a busy, high-pressured environment so this position will suit someone who enjoys a
challenging and demanding role. The ideal candidate has proven leadership and mentor experience to develop detailed project plans
while working closely with leads to guide our crews to succeed. Integrity must be maintained throughout each project. You must be
able to successfully obtain high level security and medical clearances.
Duties (including but not limited to):
• Plan, manage, lead, execute, and finalize projects including the estimation and design according to strict deadlines, within
budget and in accordance to contract documents.
• Define the project objectives, safety, budget and ensure quality is maintained.
• Control the schedule throughout the span of construction in the most efficient and economical way possible.
• Develop and drive the overall schedule in conjunction with the project team, while meeting timely milestones.
• Work efficiently through tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment to strategize, oversee and document all aspects to
ensure the scope and direction of each project is on task.
• Put your problem-solving skills to work and recommend innovative methods that will increase effectiveness and
efficiency to ensure project excellence and productivity.
• Manage, communicate and facilitate changes in scope, schedule and costs including any change order requirements.
• Development and submittal of Schedule of Values (SOV) for progress invoicing on projects.
• Facilitate and discuss job status reports, identify action items and complete follow-up.
• Minimum 3 years progressive experience in the General Contracting industry as a Project Manager on projects in the
commercial and industrial sectors.
• Must demonstrate leadership and problem-solving skills to support your collaborative approach to delivering results.
• Must perform with the team to accomplish goals while developing good working relationships with trades.
• You demonstrate competence in the areas of safety, workforce management, project execution, cost control, quality and
• You can build and steward trust with a broad network of professional colleagues, subcontractors and team members to
effect competitive excellence, pride in teamwork and outstanding project delivery.
• Designations as a NACE Coating Inspector and CWB Welding Inspector would be an asset.
• Completion of P.Eng., Project Management Diploma/Degree, or relevant designation is preferred.
Job Safety is #1 - Kasteel is COR certified and we follow a comprehensive safety program to reduce risk and maximize performance.
All employees are required to complete orientations to become accustomed with the site safety culture, specific hazards and
detailed safety plans. Commitment to safety compliance must be 100%.
Kasteel believes in treating employees with dignity and respect, we offer a competitive wage plus a benefit plan while allowing
you to grow with our company. Please forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We truly
appreciate all applications and thank you for considering Kasteel Construction and Coatings.