The Maintenance Labourer is a key member of the Bouwa Whee Catering team on site. The position reports to the Camp Manager, and is instrumental in ensuring that the high standards of safety and quality expected by Bouwa Whee Catering is consistently achieved.
- point of pickup is within the Northwest Territories
- due to the Covid-19 epidemic all employees will be required to work 4 weeks in, 4 weeks out (4x4) until further notice
- rotational schedule is subject to change
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Completing all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintaining daily upkeep of assigned areas and equipment with minimal supervision.
- Performing general building maintenance which may include carpentry projects, changing filters and light bulbs, clearing plumbing clogs, repairing faucets etc.
- Recording all required repairs and reporting all repairs completed to the Camp Manager on a daily basis.
- Ensuring all site buildings and property are secure during shift and reporting incidents and/or hazardous conditions to the Camp Manager.
- Operating motorized equipment used for cleaning and general maintenance.
As part of our commitment to teamwork, the successful candidate will be willing and able to fulfill any reasonable related duties requested by the Camp Manager or our client.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess the following:
- 1-2 years related experience in a maintenance position
- Familiarity with the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Ability to follow supervisor’s instructions promptly and completely, while maintaining a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment. Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use.
- Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of the equipment used for cleaning and general maintenance.
- WHIMIS and Standard First Aid Certificates.
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License
The successful candidate must be able to meet the physical demands of the position, including (but not limited to):
- Move up to 50 pounds of project materials and/or tools to remote building locations up to 200 feet away.
- Work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms.
- Ability to paint, clean equipment, and operate motorized equipment as needed.
- Working in conditions that will create dirt and dust.
- Repetitive movements; semi-reaching to full-reach overhead; crouching; kneeling; shoveling; working in narrow and/or confining spaces: underground, overhead, and at ground level; twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs; and lying on stomach and/or back.
Full-Time employees are eligible for medical benefits and RRSP matching!
Bouwa Whee delivers great food, housekeeping and accommodation management services under some of the world’s most challenging conditions. Because we are the North – 100 percent aboriginal owned and headquartered in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories – we know what northerners want and how to deliver it. That’s why we’re the contractor of choice at Diavik, Gahcho Kué and Snap Lake, three of Canada’s premier mines