The Network Technician’s role is to support and maintain client and in-house networks, switches, routers, access points, and firewalls. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal network performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required. Global Storm is primarily a service support company, and gives guaranteed quality of service and response times to its corporate client base.
In Global Storm IT we…
- engage your unique talents and perspectives
- welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better
- support you all the way in your efforts to achieve, learn and grow
- give you the tools, training and support you need to connect with new and current customers
- motive your success
This role may be for you if…
- you believe in the power of relationships
- you enjoy the rewards, support and recognition
- you are client-facing and know how to develop relationships with your clients
- you are self-motivated
- you have keen attention to detail
- you have analytical and problem-solving abilities
- you like working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
In a typical week, you might….
- Work with the Global Storm team, as well as the end users, to identify and deliver required services.
- Develop strong relationships with clients and collaborate
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users on network administrative tasks.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot network hardware and communication.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex network problems for a variety of clients, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including on-site and/or off-site repair as needed.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls and/or e-mails regarding network related problems.
- Develop and maintain client-specific inventories of network hardware and software.
- Monitor and test network performance, and provide statistics and reports.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring network performance.
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on various platforms, vendors, and programming.
- Conduct research on products in support of network procurement and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend hardware and software products for purchase.
- Write technical specifications for purchase of networking hardware and related products.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network hardware and equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future needs.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and equipment vendors.
- Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintain current knowledge of plan executables, and respond to crises in accordance with said plans.
- Maintain and document assigned tasks within our ticketing system.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team.
We are looking for…
- Current networking certification; Network+, CCNA, or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of IT-related work experience.
- Valid driver’s license – usable within NT.
- Bondable – must get current Criminal Records Check.
Nice points to have…
- College diploma, university degree, or equivalent certifications in the field of computer science
- Avaya Networking certification and/or experience.
- Cisco Networking certification and/or experience.
- HP Networking certification and/or experience.
- Excellent technical knowledge of network (switches, routers, access points, firewalls) and PC hardware.
- Excellent technical knowledge of point-to-point radio devices and wireless networking.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive equipment support experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
Your work Conditions will be…
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Annual salary from $60,000-$65,000 a year.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate various computer equipment and tools.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers, peripherals, and UPSs.
- Travel; including to remote areas and small communities with limited facilities.
And of course…
- Global Storm is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Global Storm believes that diversity leads to strength.
Want to join us ….firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email us your resume
- Tell us why you are the best fit for us