Black Knight Pub Mission Statement
The mission of the Black Knight Pub is to continue to be the premier bar and casual restaurant in Yellowknife. We accomplish this mission by offering:
- Superb quality beverages and food at fair prices.
- A relaxed yet unique atmosphere in the manner of a traditional Scottish Pub.
- A staff of friendly and knowledgeable professionals to provide our guests with the finest in personal service.
The Black Knight Pub is committed to:
- Being a responsible corporate citizen by abiding by the letter and spirit of the laws of Yellowknife, the NWT and Canada.
- Being a contributing member of our community
- Treating our employee with respect, dignity and fairness.
- Adhering to KNIGHTPRINCIPLES, our Code of Business Conduct and Ethical Principles.
In order to make our mission and values a reality, we recognize that we must, and commit that we will, live by the preceding in dealing with our guests, our fellow employees, our community and others with whom we come in contact.
Working either under the Kitchen Manager or Nighttime Kitchen Supervisor, the Line Cook prepares dishes in large quantities. The Line Cook also assists in food production and preparation, catering events, and other functions.
The Line Cook also ensures that quality standards are consistently attained.
The Black Knight Pub is a high volume, Scottish themed pub located in Yellowknife NT with a capacity of 115 with the Top Knight Pub located directly above with a capacity of 195 people.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Cooking of a wide variety of menu items;
- Preparation of a wide variety of menu items;
- Consistently maintains standards of quality, cost, presentation, and flavour of foods.
- Cleans and maintains work areas, utensils, and equipment.
- Keep all the health standards in place and follow all the required health, fire and safety codes.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- 1 year kitchen experience and desirable to be a Red Seal Chef from an accredited institution.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards.
- Ability to monitor and/or maintain quality control standards.
- Knowledge of menu preparation.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Knowledge of maintenance and care of culinary facilities, equipment, supplies, and materials.
- Ability to read, understands, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidate must submit to criminal records check and if application, provide Red Seal certification.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work in a high volume kitchen that requires moderate to heavy physical activity.
- Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than 8 hours per shift.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures.
Please apply: email@example.com