Reports To: Sales Manager
Summary: This position requires a bicycle mechanic who is able to complete high level repairs such as wheel builds, hydraulic brake bleeds, electronic shifting diagnostics, internally geared hub service and complete bicycle overhauls.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform bike repairs ranging from minor adjustments to major overhauls
• Capable of wheel building and truing
• Ensure that proper safety practices are being followed
• Ensure customer service standards are being met
• Make sure that there is good communication between sales and service departments.
• Help maintain a positive work environment
• Maintain a high degree of cleanliness and organization of the repair shop, including maintenance of tools
• Check work email and respond at the beginning and end of every shift
Assist Bike Department Manager with the bike parts inventory and purchasing
• Ensure that necessary parts are in stock
• Keep parts area organized, clean & labeled correctly
• Parts have accurate price tags
• Inventory is accurate
• Unnecessary parts are returned or put on clearance
• Perform inventory cycle counts as needed or directed
Education/Experience: Minimum of one year of professional bicycle mechanic experience.
Skills and Traits:
• High level mechanical aptitude
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Team working skills
• Organizational skills
• High energy level
• Strong team working skills
• Possess basic mathematics skills
• Ability to solve problems in various situations
• Ability to work in a dynamic, multi-functional, multi-cultural environment
• Enthusiastic, positive, analytical
The successful candidate will be expected to work a forty-hour workweek, including most Saturdays with Sundays and one other weekday off. Wages commensurate with experience starting at $19.00/hr. ($39,520.00/annum).