This (JD) describes the core job duties of "furniture mover" occupation.
Main roles / Employee tasks:
- Assists Van Driver in loading unloading moving van.
- Wraps dishes and fragile items in paper or corrugated cardboard packs them in barrels.
- Rolls up rugs, removes pictures from walls and loads furniture into van.
- Arranges articles in truck to form compact load, using ropes and padding to secure goods prevent breakage.
- Performs other duties as described under Helper any industry Master Title
- Present bills and receipts collect payments for shipments delivered or loaded.
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
- Turn in receipts money received from deliveries.
- Read maps follow written or verbal geographic directions.
- Working with the public
- Operating a vehicle in all weather conditions
- Lift and carry up to 50 kg
Minimum skills required:
- Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Manage own time and the time of others.
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, government regulations, executive orders and organization rules,
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.