· Minimum Grade 10 education
· Food Service work experience preferred
· Food retail experience an asset
· Dietary Aide course, cooking program, HCCAP training, an asset
· Demonstrates ability to read and write English and displays excellent communication skills
· Demonstrates ability to adhere to departmental and legislated health and safety standards
· Regular attendance is a requirement of the position
1.00 Proper Food Handling Techniques
1.01 Rotation of food and supplies, ensuring expiry dates are adhered to and proper rotation rules are followed.
1.02 Conduct temperature checks to ensure safe product.
1.03 Ensure quality products are served and presented well.
1.04 Set up of catered meals accurately and attractively.
2.01 Proper sanitation techniques are followed.
2.02 Work areas are clean and free of spills.
2.03 Proper handling of WHMIS products.
2.04 Appropriate uniforms and clean personal grooming.
2.05 Overall cleaning of department.
3.00 Cafeteria/Catering & Kiosks
3.01 Provide friendly, courteous and respectful service to customers.
3.02 Follow accurate cash handling procedures and proper handling of doctors’ cards.
3.03 Up selling of food products.
4.00 Performs cross-functional duties, as assigned or requested.
5.00 Performs other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
Direct: Resource/Team Leader
Indirect: Coordinator/Team Leader SUPERVISION/DIRECTION GIVEN
· Patients on a daily basis to provide meals
· Staff/physicians on a daily basis to provide food
· Cafeteria and catering customers to exchange/provide food services information
· Frequent lifting, pushing and carrying of supplies and carts
· Stressful situations during busy periods - i.e. tray assembly in the kitchen, meal times in the cafeteria
· Frequent standing for long periods of time
· Work is performed in a hot, humid, noisy environment
· Equipment utilized: includes dish machine, blenders, trayline, etc.
· Rotating shifts and weekends
IMPACT OF ERRORS
· Failure to accurately fill a tray can result in a patient choking, diabetic reaction, excess fluid retention, etc.
· Cancellation of surgeries can occur if trays are not pulled when notification is received from units
THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES WILL BE USED TO ACCOMPLISH THE JOB
PUT PATIENTS FIRST
· All of Southlake’s people – staff, physicians and volunteers – are here to make our patients’ health care experience the best it can be.
· Care with Compassion – no one’s a number at Southlake. Care with a commitment to safety and quality – nothing else will do. Care with flexibility – each person’s needs are different and should be respected. GIVE A DAMN!
· Care passionately about the safety and well being of our people. Without them we would not be whole. Value each other’s contributions and expertise because on this team, each of us plays an important role. Give and take, and understand that the needs of the many far outweigh the needs of the few. Respect each other and, realizing the impact of your words and actions, accept the consequences. Stand by one another and pull together through good times and bad. In doing so, realize we can accomplish just about anything.
· Care passionately about Southlake. Take great care to positively represent the organization and its people whenever given the chance. Treat the facility and everything in it as if it were your own. Take great pride in our programs and services and realize that one can only succeed with the support of the others.
· Care passionately about our community. We proudly consider ourselves a part of each of the communities we serve and, therefore, have a vested interest in the events that affect them and the people in them.
PUSH THE ENVELOPE
· Embrace new opportunities and don’t be afraid to seek out new and rewarding challenges. Together, we must be fearless and courageous so we can make things happen. Take calculated risks, yet be the first to recognize when they are not right for Southlake and learn from the experience.
HONOUR YOUR COMMITMENTS
· Walk our talk. If you say you’ll do it, do it, and if you can’t explain why. Follow through on your commitments and remain accountable for your attitude and your actions.
Please send your application to Lawrence Malaque firstname.lastname@example.org