We are looking for a dedicated, organized individual who enjoys working as a part of a team in a exciting and fast paced culinary environment!
Reporting to the Chef at the Gahcho Kue Mine Site, the 3rd Cook (Salads) is a full-time position on a two weeks in and two weeks out rotation.
- The point of pickup for travel to and from the work site is limited to the Northwest Territories. Candidates are responsible for getting to/from the point of pick up.
- Please ensure to include your First Aid, WHMIS, Food Safe, and any other safety certification when submitting your resume.
The 3rd Cook (Salads) assists the Chef in preparing and serving all food products based on the requirements of the day-to-day menu, and the direction of our client.
Further duties include (but are not limited to): menu development, assisting with cleaning duties, and ensuring that Food Safe practices are strictly adhered to at all times.
The successful candidate must also be willing and able to fulfill all reasonably related requests of the Chef and our client.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess the following:
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Short Order Cook in a hotel or restaurant environment, including production and service for up to 400 people
- Must have Ala Cart and buffet menu experience
- Ability to balance daily menu specials alongside existing set menu, utilizing food cost factors, variety and presentation
- Ability to complete all assigned tasks in time frame allotted by the Chef
- Knowledge of the safe and efficient operation of equipment used within the Food Service area of operations
- Current Food Safe, standard First Aid, WHMIS certification
- Familiar with the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Ability to work 12 hour days in a fast paced environment
- Ability to maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Excellent Customer Service skills and enjoys working with the public
- Concept of working as a team player, ability to work well with others and under limited supervision
Full-Time employees are eligible for medical benefits and RRSP matching!
We thank all applicants for submissions, however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted via phone call.
Bouwa Whee delivers great food, housekeeping and accommodation management services under some of the world’s most challenging conditions. Because we are the North – 100 percent aboriginal owned and headquartered in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories – we know what northerners want and how to deliver it. That’s why we’re the contractor of choice at Diavik, Gahcho Kué and Snap Lake, three of Canada’s premier mines
For a list of all available Bouwa Whee Catering positions please click on the following link: https://detoncho.bamboohr.com/jobs/